GALA goals include actively participating in the Emory Alumni Association by planning, promoting, and delivering a variety of social, educational, professional, and networking programs and events. GALA also supports community engagement by supporting the Emory Office of LGBT Life and by facilitating campus outreach to LGBT faculty, students, and friends at Emory. Recently GALA has made a tremendous impact through fund-raising efforts that provide scholarships for emerging student leaders.
GALA: Emory LGBT Alumni (GALA) maintains and seeks to expand a network of alumni of Emory University in order to organize, serve, and advocate for Emory’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community.
GALA seeks to:
- Develop a sense of community and offer networking opportunities, through social events, a newsletter, and an online membership site;
- Support and advocate for a non-discriminatory and diverse working, living, and academic experience at Emory;
- Provide educational opportunities for Emory University students, including scholarships, awards and prizes as well as mentoring and support;
- Support the overall mission of the Emory Alumni Association (EAA);
- Support and coordinate with the Office of LGBT Life at Emory University;
- Support the academic study of LGBT issues throughout Emory;
- Participate in the Emory Alumni Admission Network;
- Advocate for issues of importance to the larger LGBT community.
Visit the Office of Emory Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Life for campus news. The mission of the Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Life is to engage the university community in the creation of an affirming and just campus environment while supporting the development of students of all gender and sexual identities.