It’s that time of year again! Emory Homecoming is less than a month away! It will be held September 24-27. For more information about homecoming events, please click here.
During Homecoming, our annual Blue Jean Brunch will be held on Saturday, September 26th from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the Winship Ballroom in the Dobbs University Center. All are welcome to attend. Registration is $15 per person in advance and $20 at the door. Students and recent graduates from the classes of 2014 and 2015 are admitted for free, compliments of GALA. Casual attire is the order of the day, along with great food & drink. Click here to register. Free parking is available in the Peavine or Fishburne parking decks.
Whether you are planning to attend the Blue Jean Brunch or won’t be able to join us, we hope you will consider joining the host committee by supporting any of the funds below.
- GALA Legacy Fund. Complementing the GALA leadership funds, this fund supports a range of priorities for the Emory Office of LGBT Life. LGBT visibility and identity affirmation, as well as campus-wide education on sexuality and gender, are two such priorities.
- GALA Leadership Award. First presented in 2009, the GALA Leadership Award ($5,000) is bestowed on an undergraduate student who has demonstrated positive leadership in the gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer communities at Emory. The scholarship recipient is announced annually at the Pride Awards in March.
- Michael Aycock Leadership Development Fund. The Aycock Fund supports leadership opportunities and fosters the leadership potential of LGBT students. Leadership opportunities include participation in retreats and programs; national, regional, or state conferences; and networking events.
- Daniel D. Adame Leadership Fund. Created in 2010, The Adame Fund provides stipends to support leadership opportunities for LGBT students or allies each year. In keeping with the values of the fund’s namesake, Daniel D. Adame Leadership Fund recipients will pursue opportunities related to physical, mental, emotional, social, spiritual, or environmental health.
Click here to donate to any of the funds above.
Sponsorship levels to join the host committee are as follows:
- Lord Dooley’s Queer Friend – $500
- Lord Dooley’s Champion – $250
- Lord Dooley’s Mentor – $150
- Lord Dooley’s Advocate – $50
Should you have any questions, contact Latasia Woods at 404-727-8412, or email@example.com.
We hope to see you at the Blue Jean Brunch on September 26th!